Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Forum is Open

Dear Readers-

Here is how you access the Teachers of Change Forum.

1)  Go to http://teachers4change.forumotion.com/

2)  Click on "Register" on the Blue menu bar.  NOTE:  You do not have to be a member to read the forum, but you do if you want to post your own topics or responses to the topics of others.

3) Read the "Terms of Service" and click "I agree."  These are not my terms, but the company who hosts the forum.

4)  Fill in username, e-mail and password.  The box is kind of hard to see for each field, but I promise it is there on the right hand side of the screen.  Use whatever username and password you desire.  The e-mail address has to be valid, but you can get a new one for free if you wish to remain completely anonymous. Click "SAVE"

5)  Re-type your password and copy one of those automation protector thingies (this one isn't too hard to read, thankfully.) Click "SAVE"

6) You will receive a confirmation e-mail in the account you entered in step four.  Click on the provided link and off you go!  I may or may not have to verify your membership.  If I have to approve you, I will do so tonight.

The forum is to be a place for free and open discussion among the teachers of DISD, with the goal of improving the experience of both student and teacher within Dallas ISD.  I encourage all to come and participate, those who agree with me and those who do not, and have your voices heard!

Mr. Jones.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.change.org/petitions/take-back-45-dallas-isd

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, Mr. Jones, I've tried and tried to get into your forum, but the site seems to be kind of glitchy, so I'm just posting here. I hope you see this.
    I am totally with you, we need to do something and not just hide out in fear and take whatever DISD dishes out. I started a petition at http://www.change.org/petitions/take-back-45-dallas-isd
    Change.org is a site that allows you to build a petition and collect signatures online. The site delivers those petitions to your target via email. I also set up a Facebook page
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Take-Back-45-Dallas-ISD but I'm having a hard time getting it to show. Right now my goal is just to get non DISD employees to sign. I don't want to ask teachers to sign an empty petition because I know they will be afraid of district retaliation.
    Please take a look at the petition and let me know what you think. You can email me at ms.dallasteacher@yahoo.com (Yes, I too am too afraid to do this openly) :o) I think we should also plan a day to call anonymously and leave messages.

    ReplyDelete